as I said I love cooking but am not a great chef I just learnt cooking through internet and of-course mum 😀 so thought of just sharing recipes of few of the dishes I tried 🙂 most of you would have known it earlier but still 🙂 last night for dinner i did a aloo shimla mirch sabji ( as in potato capsicum dish )..heres how I did..:)
ALOO-SHIMLA MIRCH SABJI
- fennel powder-1 tbsp
- ginger powder-1 tsp
- coriander powder-1 tbsp
- cumin seeds-little
- garam masala-as required
- coriander leaves-to garnish
- turmeric powder-little
- salt-to taste
- yoghurt-half a cup
- onion-3 nos (made into a paste)
- tomato 2 nos (made into a paste)
- chilli powder- 2 tbsp
- baby potatos-as required (boiled and chopped into squares)
- capsicum-as required (cut into small pieces)
how to do it??
- First make a mixture of chilly powder,coriander powder,fennel powder,ginger powder along with water.Make sure you add only a little amount of ginger powder as if you add more it will spoil the dish.
- Now take oil in a pan and add garam masala and cumin seeds.After the cumin speeds splutter add garlic and onions (grinded into a paste).Let it fry for few minutes.After few minutes add tomato(grinded into a paste)and fry for few minutes.
- After the oil separates add the mixture and a pinch of turmeric.Now after the oil oozes out add the yoghurt.Now add chopped potato (must be boiled and chopped into square pieces) and the capsicum cut into small pieces (can be deep fried also if required) .
- Add salt to taste.If you want the gravy to be liquefied add water. You may also add powdered cashew nuts to make the gravy thick ( but its optional).I added cashew nuts and it gave an awesome taste. Garnish the dish with chopped coriander leaves.